Learning to create a great SUBWAY® sandwich is the easy part. Our formulas will have you creating our famous "made before your eyes" sub sandwiches before you know it. However, the business side of SUBWAY® provides the vision for success. We are looking for goal oriented, business savvy entrepreneurs who are willing to apply the energy and time to realize this vision.
Our franchisees bring the skill set and business experience that help meet our criteria for success which include the following:
- Owner/Operator. Be prepared to have a "hands-on" approach to ownership. A SUBWAY® franchisee is actively involved in the running of their SUBWAY® restaurant.
- Follow The Business Model. SUBWAY® requires our franchisees to follow the operations manual. Don’t reinvent the wheel. Be part of our team.
- Management Skills. You will set the tone and be a role model for your employees. Create an environment of mutual respect. You will be responsible for delegating work, ensuring SUBWAY® standards of operation and keeping your employees up to date on promotions, operations and safety practices.
- Mentoring/Training Experience. Be prepared to establish a training program for your staff and empower them to protect your investment.
- Financially Viable. Franchisees show financial viability early in the approval process. Be prepared with documented verification of net worth, assets, cash allocation and investment strategy.
- Community Involvement. SUBWAY® franchisees live locally and continually network with community businesses and civic organizations. They build their business through these associations.
- Successfully Complete the Qualifying Process. Investigate SUBWAY® thoroughly. Do your due diligence. The local Development Agent office will guide you through the process while evaluating your skills to meet the challenge of becoming a successful SUBWAY® franchisee.
- Implement a Marketing Plan. Our franchisees are building marketing plans, setting goals and following through with their plans.